I don’t like the word ‘sobriety’, it sounds dull and lifeless.
If that’s all you have to look forward to its no wonder people relapse. I reckon we should use ‘extraordinary’ as the state we want to achieve after quitting drugs or alcohol.
I don’t like the use of ‘clean’ – meaning being off drugs – either. Saying you are ‘clean’ suggests that what you did before was unclean, but this is yet another outdated concept.
[mashtweet tweet=”Saying you are ‘clean’ suggests that what you did before was unclean, this is an outdated concept.” text=”” username=”jostsauer”]
You may have had some profound life-altering experiences on drugs and this is an asset if you use those experiences as a template for something you want to achieve again without drugs.
Here’s what you got right while being high for example:
- You see everyone as your friend, your buddy, you feel love
- You are naturally compassionate and caring about others
- You don’t criticize, judge or tell people what they should be doing
- You don’t gossip, or spread rumors
- You wish everyone only the best
- You are happy to ‘be’
- You know there is more to life than normal ‘reality’
- You know who you are, what you want and why you are here
- You are free
- You are truly yourself
There are an estimated one billion drug-users on the planet now, if all of them recaptured everything on that list without the drugs just imagine where we could go. The world would change and I reckon that’s what this drug-epidemic is all about.
Join the chi-revolution now and lets make it happen.
Check out our great online course e-Hab which is designed to assist you Quit drugs or alcohol where you want and when you want. Check it out now.